Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DAY 8 AND DAY 9

Rolled into Charlotte NC on day 8 for the Charlotte Auto Fair on the speedway which seemed to be billed as this large 4 day event. It turned out to be mostly a swap meet with a car for sale coral on the track. Saturday was the day car clubs displayed, it was not what I expected. I was able to move out early on the 9th day and avoid the thunderstorms heading in, in fact drove into them 15-20 mins on the road.
Day 9 brought the show cars on Saturday
Originally I was going to stop in Forest City NC on the way to Charlotte, with the rain heading in Saturday and Forest City actually on my way west I hit it the following day. Bennetts Classic car museum at first looked like one of those everything is for sale sights and I was wrong. Nice collection of many original unrestored cars and a little of everything. The receptionist Christie was worth the trip alone a real sweet southern belle with a big smile, a nice museum. THIS IS A GOOD BARN FIND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment