Saturday, September 21, 2013

DAY 5 PARTS 4 AND 5 ALREADY!!

KOKOMO INDIANA AUTO MUSEUM- because I changed my plans I mixed up the hours of the museum got there a little after 8:30 am and when I pulled up the sign said closed Tuesday!!! I kinda freaked because I had to stay overnight because they were closed Monday. The curator let me in before 9am, I was wrong they opened 10am, oops. He then said oh we gotta change the sign we used to be closed Monday and Tuesday!! Elwood Haynes invented the automobile, huh? Who? Well according to everyone in Kokomo and Indiana he did, it was actually Karl Benz.The Haynes homestead is a museum with a couple cars in in it. I was impressed by quantity of Haynes cars in the Kokomo museum, FYI Indiana was a hotbed for auto builders and auto inventions. They actually have cars on loan and charge the owner, HUH? Ok heres the deal you can put the car in the museum for $100 a year - its in a climate controlled place, people can enjoy it and you can take it out when you want for a car show!! Not bad!!
CHEVROLET HALL OF FAME DECATUR ILL., HUH? The guy loves his Chevys, more so Pace Cars from Indy, they all were actual parade cars not dealer replicas, I think? Each one had displays related to each year! He bought an old supermarket and you can visit, nice collection, but glad it was on the way!

REMEMBER THESE ARE ALL PREVIEWS AND EVENTUALLY WILL BE FLICKR PAGES, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ADD INFO OR ASK QUESTIONS AS IT IS POSSIBLE! SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG BY PUTTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN TOP LINE!! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment