Thursday, September 26, 2013

DAY 10 PART 1 AND DAY 10 PART 2 SURPRISE

the drive from Charlotte to memphis was pretty far and the only thing I had was Rustys Hollywood cars museum in Jackson Tenn. Thought it would be a typical small effort, but turns out Rusty was a nice guy and was honest about the few replicas and pointed out the actual cars in the museum, not a bad collection! Jesse James high speed lawn mower,Fast and Furious,Blank Man,Hardcastle and McCormnick are all real cars.
Rusty asks me if I am headed to the Tupelo Mississippi car museum and when I said not this trip he pointed out that I was only 1 1/2 hours away and then I can shoot right into Memphis before dark so off I went to the unplanned trip to Mississippi!! Keep in mind the daily blogs are just small updates and eventually I will post Flickr sets and the whole story on each stop.
ELVIS HAS LEFT THE SCHEDULE!! Originally rolling into Memphis late afternoon I planned on checking out the Elvis car museum when I learned I booked a Days Inn next to Graceland!! Note the Days Inn sign just over the car in front of the museum, the hotel was an Elvis museum and really cheap so if you want to visit Graceland look into the Elvis Shrine complete with Guitar shaped pool and Elvis everything, ask for Tracy at the front desk because she really enjoys her job !! Oddly enough I headed to Tupelo Miss. which is Elvis's birthplace and followed his trail to Memphis! Tupelo Auto Museum is a fantastic collection of actually the history of the automobile, millions worth!!
Never made the Elvis car museum, but just a bunch of cars he bought, nothing crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment