Tuesday, March 15, 2016

SIX DAYS ON THE ROAD DAY 4 PART 2 PLANES, CARS FOR SALE AND ANTIQUES

Why am I driving due south from Elkhart Indiana in the middle of the day towards Kentucky?
I am the CARHUNTER that's why!!
You have to follow the blog updates to find out why, but do I ever drive without finding some diversions?
I saw a sign for an Air Museum and by the time I punched it in the GPS I saw a vertical stabilizer, That was good because my GPS was about to launch me on a trek, it was right there! I am not even sure where I was, they were closed for the season. but most of the museum was outside!
Grissom Air Museum Peru Indiana

There is a Huey Copter museum also in the Joint Armed Forces reserve base
Very Important be very careful on US 31 in Indiana - first the GPS has no idea where it is and kept telling me to make turns in corn fields and I was on the highway!! In Indianapolis it can not pinpoint any addresses and seems to be off by at least mile???
First stop in Indianapolis was one of the Gateway giant consignment stores!
I think it's a deal, they store and keep the car clean and most have pretty high price tags on them.
Yes a V10 viper engine
I had trouble finding them again, but did eventually, I have to say first time one of the employees had an attitude in a Gateway store. There was nothing I wanted to buy, but I am sure a little plug online would have been welcomed?















A Studebaker trying to be a Chevy Nomad?












Something is not right here? Pace car?




Is that a Shaker hood scoop?

Very well done Nash

Pro Streeted in proportion to the petit profile!

Same paint code?






















Not sure how I accidentally found this online, but not only a great antiques shop it had some rare unusual vehicles
Worked out great I needed gas too so time management at it's best! Edinburgh Indiana off that famous US 31!!


What is with motorhomes in Indiana???
Looks like a 64 Chevy truck Grille


The lost Plymouth Duster
Yes a London taxi
?
Hey the Banana Splits had one of these!


He won, I checked!

An Old Civil Defense truck!







Renault


More RV's!!


I found all reference to the Oil Drop, but not the car?




Could this thing be unbelievably rare?



Where does the day end? Stay tuned, same car channel!
CARHUNTER is still rolling!
REMEMBER THERE ARE MANY MORE PARTS TO THIS BLOG OF SIX DAYS TREK!

No comments:

Post a Comment