Tuesday, September 13, 2016

SHADES OF THE PAST CAR SHOW PIGEON FORGE TENNESSEE PART 1

The 34th annual Shades of the Past from Dollywood's Splash Country is in the past now itself!
BREAKING NEWS IT APPEARS THAT THE 25 BEST CARS IN THE SHOW, THE AWARD WINNERS WERE NOT ON THE SHOW FIELD, BUT UNANNOUNCED WITH NO SIGNAGE DEEP INTO THE SPLASH COUNTRY WATER PARK?

WITHOUT A DOUBT THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED AT A MAJOR CAR SHOW AND YES 3 OF US HAD NO IDEA AND NEVER SAW THE CARS! After much research I determined the water park was officially closed for the season so they take the winners picked on Friday and move them to the rear of the water park with no signage or indication they are there!! The organizer keeps dancing around the issue with me, funny we kind of commented that the cars were nice, but nothing earth shattering was in attendance, I guess there was,but hidden!
I have received numerous emails from the organizer and never once has he said I am sorry you missed the cars, he has indicated I may have thought the show was out on Parkway and did not enter, the $10 admission fee is very low and apparently it is my fault that I did know the cars were there and they do not need to make it clearer to the show spectators.
I usually do not RANT here, but I am actually angry about it!
He offered next year to personally walk me to the car area, I guess I am not smart enough to find it, I bet you thought he was going offer me a free ticket for 2017!
Enjoy some cars from what we did see! The owners of the cars should have some recognition so enjoy!
The show is predominantly Street Rods and Hot rods - don't start that again, just enjoy them!
I am just going to let the photos speak for themselves!
Mostly- LOL!




























































No one around to ask, but we saw motorcycle engine and a transfer case for 4 wheel drive!





Might be a Chevy?

Does ya like red?









I will leave it up to your answer, how do you steer a fan blade?

































































A very nice Studebaker!










No comments:

Post a Comment