Monday, July 28, 2014

SOUTH CAROLINA DARLINGTON SPEEDWAY AND CARHUNTER SHARP EYE SPOTTING

 I was going back and forth with this visit because I could not get a clear answer of what was in this famous race track museum?
 To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be a understatement 
 Many more cars than I expected and obviously some historically significant cars to boot!



 Crude vs. Hi-tech, good ol boys gone racing for sure!





 What's a Matador? It is potent race car, that's what!


 Any Richard Petty car is a religious experience 


 Does that glass enclosure have a Hemi In It? Yeah it's got a Hemi

 The motorsports walls of fame were very impressive - person items above and when you pressed the button you got some great stories and history






 It was an easy day and CARHUNTER radar was up so I thought I saw something just outside the track
 Ford had been a dominating influence down south and I spot this field filled with NASCAR inspired Ford Torino's, Mercury Cyclone Spoilers

 Cale Yarborough was famous for these Mercury's 

The Cale Yarborough Special, Cyclone spoiler is what is sitting in this yard in need of resto!






No comments:

Post a Comment